In 2012, honesty is the word here – I’ll be writing about what’s really on my mind. I’m tired of tiptoeing around because of who might be reading. I’m a grown woman, I’m single, and I’m a writer. I’m going to write about grown-up issues, and the joys and challenges of being mama to the best girl in the world. Besides, it’s easier for me to write about it than talk about it.
2012 To Do List
1. Tell the truth on my blog. Otherwise, why bother?
2. Wear these shoes. Often.
3. Do 10 real pushups. Get off my knees and get it done.
4. Get to Dallas in September for Bamapocalypse II – Alabama vs. Michigan – and finally meet my Roll Bama Roll pals who’ve made the past year easier.
5. Run another 5K. Yes, run. A little walking is fine,
but I aim to run most of the 3.1 miles.
6. Return to a writing routine.
I have a book in me. Somewhere. I want to get it out.
7. Learn to embrace that I’m a woman with wants and needs. It’s natural and normal.
8. Read more books. I have stacks by my bed, on my dressers,
on the bookcase, on my desk that I want to finally read this year.
9. Go to church more often. I want Riley to grow up
with faith in God like I did.
10. Take control of my money. Learn what’s worth
spending it on and what’s not. Save accordingly.
11. Expect nothing from anyone except myself. And then expect good.